🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Being Unsuccessful on Upwork, had 2 cancellat...
Page options
wordpress_wp
Community Member

Being Unsuccessful on Upwork, had 2 cancellations

Greetings,
I hope all of you are doing great. I have been on upwork for almsot 6 months and I am unable to win any project yet. The real issue is, i had 2 cancellations previously and after that I never received invitation or reply to my proposal at all. My question is, can I still be successful on this platform even though my profile had 2 cancellations or should i contact support to delete this account and create new one.
I have over 60 connects available in this account.

Please guide me properly, what's best for me.
Thank You,
Yasin

2 REPLIES 2
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Clients have no way of knowing that you had 2 contract closed (if that's what you're saying).  Your profile is very wordy - try dividing it into paragraphs to make it more readable.  You won't receive any invitations until you are well established on the platform (except scam invitations).

df602768
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

First, your picture looks great!

I like it. It is professional, and you seriously look nice.

Now, your profile is indeed wordy. You have to split it into paragraphs and do add bullet points, too.

If I were a client, I wouldn't hire you. Such a wordy profile page translates that you do not want to make an effort to deliver a polished result.

Also, you have to apply to jobs on your own. Very rarely clients contact you on their own on Upwork before you are a well-established freelancer, with earnings of over $50,000 or more and owning a Top Rated Plus badge.

I hope it helps.

And your profile is not original. It is full of plagiarism. 

Throughout these months we have worked on several paid and unpaid projects worth mention is Complete Software system which included desktop version

So, you worked for free? Could you explain the job description, please?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths