🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Being a active user on Upwork from past 7 mon...
Page options
vipuldesigner
Community Member

Being a active user on Upwork from past 7 months

Hello Everyone,

This is my first topic here so this is regarding my upwork journey till now. i am regularly updated on upwork from past 7 months but my experience with upwork tll now is not that good i hardly received 4 jobs till now and earned $55 

can anyone suggest me do i need to update anything on my profile or something?

i am a professional graphic designer gaving an 6+ years of experience and i know i can definetly provide a excellent service on upwork but not getting work after sharing 100s of proposals too

PLEASE HELP

Thank you 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Vipul P wrote:

i am a professional graphic designer gaving an 6+ years of experience and i know i can definetly provide a excellent service on upwork but not getting work after sharing 100s of proposals too

Graphic Designer with one portfolio item which is basically black text on a yellow background, and video made from stuff you didn't design either?

Any client would be forgiven to think that you can't design, because if you could, you'd SURELY be showing your best work in your portfolio and profile video

Hello,

yes you were right i just updated my portfolio can you have a look at it also i am going to add more stuff over there just wanted to confirm that i am going on the right track

Thank you so much

Vipul P wrote:

Hello,

yes you were right i just updated my portfolio can you have a look at it also i am going to add more stuff over there just wanted to confirm that i am going on the right track

Thank you so much

What @Martina P says. And also, you should remove the link to flickr.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Vipul P wrote:

Hello Everyone,

This is my first topic here so this is regarding my upwork journey till now. i am regularly updated on upwork from past 7 months but my experience with upwork tll now is not that good i hardly received 4 jobs till now and earned $55 

can anyone suggest me do i need to update anything on my profile or something?

PLEASE HELP

Thank you 🙂

I'm with Petra.
Why don't you show your designs in images instead of a PDF? That would make the client see your designs directly.
And the video. You do not show your work in the portfolio, and neither in the video.

I would not make a presentation video with works that do not belong to me. It turns out, at least misleading, don't you think?

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your valuable reply i have updated my portfoilio with my latest work 

as i am not very much aware with upwork can you check that my portfolio is being made perfectly?

Thank you so much

Vipul P wrote:

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your valuable reply i have updated my portfoilio with my latest work 

as i am not very much aware with upwork can you check that my portfolio is being made perfectly?

Thank you so much

Put all your work into seperate portfolio items. Potential clients will think you have one only and skip your profile immediately. 

Hello Martina,

Thank you for the reply 

so you mean to say that i have to upload all images separately? 

although all images are for social media ads that is why i kept in single folder

Vipul P wrote:

Hello Martina,

Thank you for the reply 

so you mean to say that i have to upload all images separately? 

although all images are for social media ads that is why i kept in single folder

I'm not Martina, but I hope this can help you.

You do not need to upload all the images. You can upload a few, the ones that seem best to you or that show different styles. And if you want, at the end, add the PDF with all the samples. But don't put it at the beginning.
Then, you can send the link to your portfolio so they can see more examples of your work.
As I mentioned before, if you have the link to flickr somewhere, you must delete it. It is against TOS to have links in your profile.

Thank you Maria,

will remove link and update my portfolio again

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths