🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Beneficiary Name Mismatch
Page options
itsirenechu
Community Member

Beneficiary Name Mismatch

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my Upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in Upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Irene,

Please keep in mind that it can take up to 72 hours for the review on your name change to be completed. Once it's finished, our team will reach out to you directly with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!

I have a similar problem. So I added my Paypal account as my payment method and I received an error saying The beneficiary name is mismatched. The name in my contracts and my Paypal is the same so I'm not sure what the issue is. 

I also see this message on top saying Payment method is in progress... does this mean it's already being reviewed? 

Thanks in advance.

-Heather

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your message.

Your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi!

Sorry, 

Can I please ask for assistance getting my payment method verified? I chose Paypal and it's saying the name does not match. I can confirm the name in my contracts and in my Paypal is the same. 

Thank you in advance.

-Heather

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths