🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Benefits of a 100% UpWork profile
Page options
5f9be435
Community Member

Benefits of a 100% UpWork profile

I have been submitting proposals and I was not hired even once. I have noticed that in order for me to be hired by a client I need to have an attractive profile. I have found YouTube tutorials on how to get a 100% profile. Does this change anything?

UpWork newbie here, any suggestions would be helpful

2 REPLIES 2
9b660019
Community Member

(Keep in mind that we're not in the same field of work, so your experience may vary.)

I'm relatively new to UpWork, and my profile is stuck at 70% complete because I don't have a social media profile to link. Despite that, I had two hires within my first nine proposals. Unfortunately, since then my success rate has cratered - my hire rate is at about 9%, and UpWork's stats page tells me that's still better than about 60% of my peers in IT & Networking.

What changed? A few weeks after I joined UpWork the COVID-19 pandemic caused a mass economic halt here and in other parts of the world. It's almost certain that resulted in more people looking for freelance work on platforms like this, in a time when employers/clients are actually putting as much work as possible on hold.

Your lack of a job success score and client feedback is likely a much bigger issue than a profile that isn't 100% complete. Unfortunately, the only way to resolve that is to be hired and complete some jobs - which (through no fault of your own) became much harder about six weeks ago. All you can do is apply smartly and be persistent.

Having less than 100% complete profile means that you can't become Rising Talent or Top Rated. I don't think it has any other effect.  My profile was at less than 100% complete for the first few months that I was using upwork. I only increased it to 100% after I got a JSS score and wanted to become Top Rated. (I probably would have got to Top Rated quicker if I'd had Rising Talent, so it's worth getting your completion up to 100% if you can.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths