🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Benefits of the specialized profile
Page options
mazharzafar
Community Member

Benefits of the specialized profile

Hello Everyone.

I have been a system administrator, Analyst for several years and started my freelance career on Upwork a few days ago.

Can anybody help me to understand what are the benefits of a specialized profile on Upwork and what is preferred to fill on the popular projects section?
Is it related to my profile completeness as it is 90% now?

Thanks,
Zafar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zafar, 

Specialized profiles are a way for freelancers who have several skillsets to feature and highlight their expertise, which can span more than one job categorySpecialized profiles give freelancers the leverage needed to market themselves and their expertise through a more cohesive and efficient profile layout.

You may read more about Popular Projects here, and Specialized Profiles here

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
2a05aa63
Community Member

The benefit is if you are doing 2 different jobs, like lets say photography and mobile development. If you do only one, there's not much of a need to add any, but you can could separate your introduction into the general, and your detailed work experience in the specialized one. It isn't counted towards the profile completement.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zafar, 

Specialized profiles are a way for freelancers who have several skillsets to feature and highlight their expertise, which can span more than one job categorySpecialized profiles give freelancers the leverage needed to market themselves and their expertise through a more cohesive and efficient profile layout.

You may read more about Popular Projects here, and Specialized Profiles here

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for your kind help.

I've completed my profile Smiley Very Happy

Kind Regards,

Zafar

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths