🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Best way to pay-per-design?
Page options
e6678553
Community Member

Best way to pay-per-design?

Hello Upwork community!  I'm about to hire a freelancer for t-shirt designs and I want to pay between $1 and $2 per design.  How do I set up my proposal to reflect this?  In communicating with a designer he said he can handle the designs at that price, but I want to make sure I've set it up properly so I don't get burned.  THANK YOU!!  😃

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eric,

You will need to set up a fixed price contract with your freelancer and the lowest budged per milestone that can be set up is $5. To learn more about fixed price contracts and best practises check out this Guide. If you need further help with something let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eric,

You will need to set up a fixed price contract with your freelancer and the lowest budged per milestone that can be set up is $5. To learn more about fixed price contracts and best practises check out this Guide. If you need further help with something let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for the help!

prestonhunter
Community Member

You can pay per design using either the fixed-price contract model, funding escrow for X number of designs at a time, with multiple milestones.

Or you can pay using the Pay Bonus tool.

Thank you!

prestonhunter
Community Member

You can pay using the fixes-price contract model, funding escrow for X number of designs at a time, using successive milestones.

Or you can pay using the Pay Bonus tool.

petra_r
Community Member

@Eric S wrote:

Hello Upwork community!  I'm about to hire a freelancer for t-shirt designs and I want to pay between $1 and $2 per design. 

$ 1 or $ 2 per design? Surely that's a typo?

mtngigi
Community Member

@Petra R wrote:

@Eric S wrote:

Hello Upwork community!  I'm about to hire a freelancer for t-shirt designs and I want to pay between $1 and $2 per design. 

$ 1 or $ 2 per design? Surely that's a typo?

Probably a Merch by Amazon thing - I believe that's what all those very low-budget/no-budget t-shirt RFPs are about. Unforturnately not a typo, from what I've observed - they find (desperate) takers.

e6678553
Community Member

You're reply and signature quote are conflicting.  Have a wonderful day! ❤️

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths