🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Bias dispute decision
Page options
jacquilie
Community Member

Bias dispute decision

Can somebody help me on this please. I felt betrayed on Upwork. The client filed a dispute because he accused me on cheating on my time tracker, keyboard 800 to 1700 per minute. I decline the dispute and ask for any proof that I cheated because I know I did not cheat on him. I swear to God I work very hard on this, I have a lack of sleep and stress because of this job, I updated to the client every 2 hours. After 4 days Upwork made an unfair decision. They made a conclusion without even a trial and a single evidence given by the client. And the worst is They charge me and refund the whole 40 hours of my work. Note: The client complaint on dispute is my keyboard 800 to 1700 per minute but the Upwork decision is different from client's dispute. They review my work diary and showed 40.00 hours with No Memos which is not guaranteed for payment and has been refunded back to client. If we talk about memos and job instructions, we mostly communicate on whatssApp. I can provide proof of screen shots of our communications on whatssApp. I hope somebody can help me on this. I do not deserve this.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jacquilie:

I am sorry that you are disappointed by this decision.

But Upwork and the client played by the rules.

This DOES NOT MEAN that the client is a good person.

This DOES NOT MEAN that you didn't work hard.

This DOES NOT MEAN that you cheated.

But the rules are the rules.

No memos? Freelancer loses the dispute.

You need to let this go. It is in the past. If you want to succeed on Upwork, you can NOT continue thinking about this.

In the future, I recommend that you use adequate, informative memos while doing hourly work.

lysis10
Community Member

Yeah, memos seem to be the thing freelancers miss. 40 hours is a huge oooooooof. That sucks.

petra_r
Community Member

Jacquilie R wrote:

The client filed a dispute because he accused me on cheating on my time tracker, keyboard 800 to 1700 per minute.

Note: The client complaint on dispute is my keyboard 800 to 1700 per minute

And you are surprised?

What kind of activity creates that? Typing / data entry sure as hell doesn't.

Auto-clicker on steroids?

lysis10
Community Member

It's pretty funny if they got out of it using the memo reason and this galaxy brain doesn't just accept she failed without bringing to light the obvious clicky clicky sticky keyboard issue.

The internet isn't sending its best.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths