Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding without JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
1 of 6

Most of the cases I see that clients are demanding "JSS: At least 90%" & "Rising Talent: Yes". 

Yet I have not got any JSS & Rising Talent badge. Should I submit proposals on those projects?

-Thank you

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Samuel T Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
2 of 6

Yes by all means, if you feel that you qualify for the job go ahead and bid.  Everyone has to start somewhere!

Just focus on writing your proposal, and if you make it good enough, it won't matter at all to the potential client that you have no ratings yet.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 6

The default for a new job post is 90%+ JSS or Rising Talent (note that it's *or*, you can't have both JSS and Rising Talent). This preference is hidden behind a button on a new job post:

Preferred Qualifications.PNG

If they do click that button, this is what it looks like:

Preferred Qualifications Expanded.PNG

Note that it is just a *preference*. There is nothing to stop you applying to those jobs. Just make sure you write a great cover letter and apply to jobs that are interesting to you and within your skillset. Good luck!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 6

I love when a client shines a light - thanks Jennifer.

What's interesting to me is seeing that "any amount" next to "hours billed" - I was under the impression that there was a default number of hours. Has that changed?

Wondering if this has to do with the recent decision to show earnings on profiles.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 6

@Virginia F wrote:

I love when a client shines a light - thanks Jennifer.

What's interesting to me is seeing that "any amount" next to "hours billed" - I was under the impression that there was a default number of hours. Has that changed?

Wondering if this has to do with the recent decision to show earnings on profiles.

I don't remember there being a default for hours billed. If that has changed I think it's more likely that it changed when they made 90%+ JSS or Rising Talent the defaults.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 6

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I thought there were posts from freelancers who only work flat rate complaining about the "hours worked" thing as a requirement on job postings, and the answer being that it was a default.

But I can't remember yesterday, so there's that.