🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Big drop in JSS and can't figure out why
Page options
adossett
Community Member

Big drop in JSS and can't figure out why

Hi,

I've only been on UpWork about a month and had a 100% JSS until Sunday when it dropped to 93%.

I've received 5-star public feedback from 8 clients. I can only think of one client who may have given less than 10 private feedback, and I don't think he would have totally tanked me. Would that be enough to drop me 7%?

My only other thought is an inactive contract I have open due to client unresponsiveness. It's been open almost a month with only 8 hours on the contract. I've just closed it. 

I would love some insight from you more experienced UpWorkers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mystudiomke
Community Member

Hi Alyssa,

It is because the two projects closed with no feedback. I know when I was just starting out and was fustrated of lowering the score even though I had all contracts 5 star reviews and 3 without reviews. No worries, once you get more jobs those few contracts that close out without feedback will become irrelevant and as long as you keep your 5 star reviews from new jobs it should be back to 100%. 

Make sure in the future to kindly remind your client to please leave feedback on the project.

Hope that helps,

Lila

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mystudiomke
Community Member

Hi Alyssa,

It is because the two projects closed with no feedback. I know when I was just starting out and was fustrated of lowering the score even though I had all contracts 5 star reviews and 3 without reviews. No worries, once you get more jobs those few contracts that close out without feedback will become irrelevant and as long as you keep your 5 star reviews from new jobs it should be back to 100%. 

Make sure in the future to kindly remind your client to please leave feedback on the project.

Hope that helps,

Lila

Thank you so much, Lila! I will definitely remind clients in the future.
petra_r
Community Member

It has nothing to do with 2 jobs that closed without feedback OR a job that went inactive for a month.

Jobs that close without feedback or go inactive only affect the JSS if no money was ever paid on them or if you have a significant percentage of such contracts.

You don't.

So unless you have any contracts that closed without money changing hands and without feedback, you're looking at private feedback and if you look at the "Clients who would recommend you" percentage on your My Stats page you'll see your average "private JSS".

With less than 10 contracts that ended with feedback every contract that closes has the potential to affect your JSS by more than 10% as each contract represents well in excess of a tenth of the total.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths