🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bill in Dec for a campaign to run in Jan/Feb...
Page options
a6cb72e5
Community Member

Bill in Dec for a campaign to run in Jan/Feb/March

Hi There,

I will be running a SEO/SEM campaign for a client in J/F/M 2019 through Upwork however I need to bill our client for this work by December 2018.

Is it possible to pay now for a campaign which won't be live till a few months down the track?

Cheers,

Charlotte 

2 REPLIES 2
mtngigi
Community Member

@Charlotte C wrote:

Hi There,

I will be running a SEO/SEM campaign for a client in J/F/M 2019 through Upwork however I need to bill our client for this work by December 2018.

Is it possible to pay now for a campaign which won't be live till a few months down the track?

Cheers,

Charlotte 

Charlotte,

Once you've hired a freelancer, you could set up a contract with milestones, the first milestone being this month. Then you would fully fund the milestone for the entire amount. I believe that even though that money is held in escrow, it counts as being "paid" by you.

Milestone deadlines are not set in stone, so even though there's a December date on the first milestone, it doesn't matter if work is not delivered until after the new year.

I'm not entirely positive about what I've told you, so I'll flag your post to get a mod's attention.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charlotte, 

I checked your account and do not see any contract under a freelancer account, since it appears you only have a client account. Are you posting the question for your agency?

To answer the question, it will depend on how you manage your business. If you will be working on the project as early as December, you can log time on the contract (for an hourly contract), or submit through the contract page (for a fixed-price contract).

If you will need budget to be able to run the campaign for January to March, you can ask the client to send payment for the expenses you will incur through a bonus. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths