🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Billing Issues
Page options
374f648c
Community Member

Billing Issues

Just completed a project with a freelancer -- she and I have agreed to the hours, but I cant make sense of the billing from Upwork. It's 15-20% higher than what she's billed.   How do I speak with someone at upwork? 

4 REPLIES 4
374f648c
Community Member

She billed for 11.10 hours at $85 an hour, which comes to $943.5. 

Upwork has charged me multiple time for a total of $1065.2, which is more than the 3% processing fee.  Detials below.

Jun 8
Pending

$87.55

Jun 1

Credit

-$87.55

Jun 1

Credit

-$437.75

Jun 1

$875.50

May 25

$627.45

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi E,

The reason why you see additional charges is because you have added a salary on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer.
Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the salary amount they have received.

You can find more information about refunds here and about recurring weekly payments here.

We'll also have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you with this concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
374f648c
Community Member

thanks -- all the contrats have been closed two weeks ago.  the contractor already refunded me the amount, but i got billed again recently on 6/8th.  it would be helpful if someone can confirm 1) all my outstandnig jobs have been closed 2)  why the new charge. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi E,

Yes, your contract is closed and you have no active ones currently. There won't be any additional charges since the contract has already been ended.

On an hourly contract, you're be invoiced on Mondays for the previous week's hours based on your freelancers' Work Diaries and Recurring Weekly Payment ("Salary."). Your default billing method was charged this Monday automatically due to this. Please click here to learn more about the weekly billing cycle.

I hope this helped. Our team will further assist you via this support ticket.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths