🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Billing
Page options
emmnacua
Community Member

Billing

Hi! I just got my first client! It says in the contract that it's hourly however as our conversation progresses she just needs me to edit videos and it's up to me when to work and finish it..so I haven't logged in to the tracker while working because I suggested that she just have to pay per video..so now how will she pay me? what should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Gemma,

I checked the contract you're referring to and see that this is an hourly contract. For hourly contracts, you must download the Upwork Time Tracker App, and log your hours whenever you are working to get paid. Clients are invoiced automatically for the hours you logged. If you prefer to get paid per work submitted, then the fixed-price contract will be a better option. You may want to discuss with your client how you can get paid for the completed work you have submitted. The client can either send you a bonus, or you can also ask if your client will allow you to add manual time. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sjbercot
Community Member

Definitely check out the resources on how contract works and discuss with your client any changes you think are best, but it's not a good idea to work without knowing how you'll be paid, and definitely don't submit any work without having established that. There are unfortunately "clients" that will take advantage of our good nature and not pay. With hourly contracts and using the Time Tracker correctly, you are gauranteed to be paid. With a proper fixed contract in place for, say, one milestone per video and submitting your work using the submit button, your pay is also protected. But working as you did, without logging hours and without a fixed rate contract, you're at risk of getting scammed.  Just take care!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths