🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bonus Issues
Page options
ghanbax
Community Member

Bonus Issues

Good Day!
I'm an Upwork Freelancer, and so far I have done 3 projects and they paid me accordingly and they also generously added bonuses. But when the payment already arrived, checking my account, seems like the bonuses deduct my salary. Why is that?

Also, can I still get my 3 bonuses back instead of having them deducted from my original pay? That seems pretty unfair for me if that's the case. I'm not sure if that's an Upwork issue or just the system of finance, and so I need help. I can send you screenshots of my transaction history just in case.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

G-Han:

There must be some confusion here.

If a client pays you a bonus payment, that money is not deducted from your regular pay.

I have genuinely never heard of such a thing.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi G-Han,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your concern, including a ID of the contract you need help with and the screenshot you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

You had an hourly job in December but never actually logged any time, which would indicate that the client paid you the $ 100 as a bonus?

Such a payment is never protected

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths