cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosting Post job

raymundpilapil
Raymund P Member Since: May 19, 2017
1 of 6
Hi guys, recently I got an offer to boost a post using my own money. I already got the contract which states the offered amount. But payment for the boost will be coming first from my own pocket. Need to send the client a screenshot of the boost before they will approve the payment.

Is it ok and practical to push thru this job? I am just a newbie here in upwork. Thanks for the help in advance.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

@Raymund P wrote:
Hi guys, recently I got an offer to boost a post using my own money. I already got the contract which states the offered amount. But payment for the boost will be coming first from my own pocket. Need to send the client a screenshot of the boost before they will approve the payment.

Please explain what on earth you mean because the above makes no sense at all.

"Boost a post" boost what post? 

Never accept a contract tract that requires you to pay any money from your own pocket....

View solution in original post

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
3 of 6

I would personally NEVER do that. Even after I check how many previous jobs they have on Upwork and what other people wrote about them, how many of those jobs are for boosting posts, etc. If this is a first time job with first time client it smells fishy to me (even if their payment method is verified). Use your common sense. Ask yourself if you would do it for a friend of a friend. Then ask again what if it was a total stranger. Then ask again what if it was a total stranger living in another continent.

If you earn money it's on you, if you get scammed it's still on you.

(is the money you get more than the money you will spend? Are you sure you WILL get the money? Logic, prudence, judgement, wits...)

raymundpilapil
Raymund P Member Since: May 19, 2017
4 of 6
Hi, the job is to boost a facebook post.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Raymund P wrote:
Hi, the job is to boost a facebook post.

Why does the client not use their own payment method? It sounds like a scam..... 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

Raymund, this "client" is simply trying to trick you. He has no intention of ever paying you anything. Not only does he get people to work for him for free, he also gets a perverse kind of thrill from the act of tricking people and laughing at them behind their backs.