🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Brand New to UpWork
Page options
dkwillfindit
Community Member

Brand New to UpWork

Hi, I'm brand new to UpWork, and I have questions.

1) I submitted two proposals this past weekend, but only one is showing "submitted" this morning. The one I can't see is a request to create slides for a classroom.

2) The teacher of the class is messaging me, and she wants to get my email address to send me a sample of the slides that she has used in the past. Am I able to give out my email address?

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Devian,

Welcome to Upwork! Could you please go to Find Work > Proposals and check the Archived tab to see if the proposal you're referring to is there? 

Upwork’s User Agreement Section 7 and Terms of Use Section 4 prohibit the requesting or sharing of a means of direct contact (aka “contact information”) before a contract starts. Read more about this here. To make sure you've been hired, you can check your My Jobs page, all active contracts are shown there.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks.  Is there some sort of guidebook somewhere that walks me through the process of my first job?  I see that there are work diaries and there is a download that will track my work hours.  Are those tracking tools required automatically?  If so, do I have to do both the diary and the download? 

Thanks

Hi Devian,

You might want to check this post and the freelancer resource corner to help you get started on Upwork.

As for working with hourly contracts, you will need to download the Upwork Time Tracker App. The hours you logged are automatically invoiced to the client and funds become available following the weekly billing cycle

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths