🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Brand new, need help with collecting payment
Page options
kat_robertson
Community Member

Brand new, need help with collecting payment

Hi, I am brand new to Upwork (second day working). I have a client who hired my for an hourly project. His project was so large, it needed to be sent through Dropbox. He has the presentation and is happy with it, but does not know how to pay me. Because I am new, I don't know the steps to tell him and after looking around, it doesn't seem intuitive. This is my third contract, but the other 2 were fixed rate and easy.

Do I click "end project"?

Thanks for any help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In that case the client will be charged on Monday automatically.

Let the client close the contract (rather than doing it yourself) so you can get feedback.

There is more info here 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Kathleen R wrote:

Hi, I am brand new to Upwork (second day working). I have a client who hired my for an hourly project. His project was so large, it needed to be sent through Dropbox. He has the presentation and is happy with it, but does not know how to pay me. Because I am new, I don't know the steps to tell him and after looking around, it doesn't seem intuitive. This is my third contract, but the other 2 were fixed rate and easy.

Did you not use the tracker to track your time? Payment on hourly contracts is fully automatic provided you track your time as you are supposed to with the Upwork tracker, or at least add manual time (which is, however, in no way protected.)

To log manual time:

Go to your work diary 

Find the contract and the day you want to add time to

Click on "Add manual time"

Add the hours

Click on "Save"

I did use the tracker. I just wasn't sure how to end the contract and didn't want to accidentally end it improperly and not get paid as a result. He has his final product, but he asked me what he is supposed to do and I don't know.

If there anything I am supposed to do on my end, or any way I can advise him?

In that case the client will be charged on Monday automatically.

Let the client close the contract (rather than doing it yourself) so you can get feedback.

There is more info here 

Thank you so much for the assistance!!

It is listed as an active contract still. Does that matter?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths