🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Brought a client here and did not get the pro...
Page options
felana_malina
Community Member

Brought a client here and did not get the profile approved

Hi there

I have this friend who tried to be on upwork but her profile was not approved. No big deal. After, she brought a client on upwork, the work was done, she was paid and upwork took 20%, but her profile remained non-approved.

She opened her upwork account, two years ago and after she worked in a call center and now she is tempted to open a new upwork account but before she told me to ask you, why her profile was not approved?

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
e4bf02a8
Community Member

Hi,

Upwork, as a reputed platform, has its own guidelines for freelancers to follow while working via upwork.

Upwork requires its freelacners to be professionally ready before getting approved and submitting proposals. You can readh about these guidelines at https://www.upwork.com/blog/?s=profile+approval .

HTH!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Felana R wrote:

Hi there

I have this friend who tried to be on upwork but her profile was not approved. No big deal. After, she brought a client on upwork, the work was done, she was paid and upwork took 20%, but her profile remained non-approved.

She opened her upwork account, two years ago and after she worked in a call center and now she is tempted to open a new upwork account but before she told me to ask you, why her profile was not approved?

Thank you very much

How is it possible for someone to write a proposal/ or accept an invitation, accept an offer, get paid, and still not be approved on upwork? I would think that these transactions are only possible with an approved profile. 

Hi,

She invited her client to go on Upwork ... We do not really know how does it work that is why we are asking

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths