🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Budgeted $5,000 for a project, not really kno...
Page options
christiankneller
Community Member

Budgeted $5,000 for a project, not really knowing cost. All applicants quoted exactly $5,000?

I kind of wanted people to give me their price for doing this project without being able to see my budget. Is it possible to do this?

Since I have had so much response already I get the impression that $5,000 is too much for the project.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I kind of wanted people to give me their price for doing this project without being able to see my budget. Is it possible to do this?"

It is possible, but takes effort.

You would need to very clearly specify, in the job description, that this is what you want people to do. You can ask people to NOT bid $5,000.

But I can assure you that it IS possible to do your project for $5,000.

It is also possible to do your project for $500.

The cost of the project depends on how far you want to take it, and it also depends on who you have working on it.

As a cost-saving measure:

You should consider hiring freelancers using hourly contracts. If you hire 4 to 6 different freelancers, you can have them work on different parts of the project until you are able to assess who provides you with the best value. Then continue working with the freelancer(s) who provide you with the best value for your money.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths