🐈 Community
manojjoon

Business Manager cum Freelancers account in agency

Hi Team,

I have created an agency. I have added a business manager in my agency who doesn't have an approved account yet on upwork. 
We wanted to raise the following questions:

a) The profile is 100% complete with every detail specified in the correct & Detailed manner. 

b) The Freelancer has given 10 upwork test and added 7 3rd party certification from Google, Hubspot & Redhat. 

c) There are many freelancers profile who have just created their profile with no certification and upwork test given of the same skillset with 0 hours worked yet they appear in the list of freelancers with approved accounts. 

I wanted to know what is the creteria for approval of the profile. What needs to be done to get the profile approved of my business manager cum freelancer?

Further questions:

a) The freelancer (also a Business Manager of my agency) can't submit the proposal from his specific upwork account, Why? IF I have paid for the agency membership, then we should be able to submit the proposal for any freelancers profile added in my agency even if the account is unapproved. 

5 REPLIES 5
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for posting your questions in the Community.

Regarding your first question, we accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months and not days. Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for their skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. 

a) The freelancer (also a Business Manager of my agency) can't submit the proposal from his specific upwork account, Why? IF I have paid for the agency membership, then we should be able to submit the proposal for any freelancers profile added in my agency even if the account is unapproved

If the freelancer's account isn't approved yet, they won't be able to use their Freelancer profile and submit proposals.

Untitled

Thanks Valdamir for the quick reply but then can you please explain why people with the same skillset with no added certification and upwork test of the recent created profile get approval. 

Remind you again, the freelancer has the same skillset. 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manoj,

Our team reviewed the freelancer's profile and at this time, there are already many freelancers with a similar skillset to theirs and we cannot accept their registration. If they have more relevant skills or experience to add now or in the future, they can update and resubmit their profile, and we’ll take another look to see if there is a demand for the new skills.

Untitled

Hi Valdmir, I don't know if it the right place to post in a query but my business manager is not able to text to client or accept proposals. Only I am able to do so. Is there any thing I am missing to do. Thanks in advance.

Hi Viral,

You and your friend are both managers in the agency. Check out this guides to learn more About Agencies and how to Manage an Agency as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Learning Paths