🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Buy connects and Upwork algorithm
Page options
d_orne
Community Member

Buy connects and Upwork algorithm

Hello I hope you are doing fine and wish you" An happy New year".
I am new to Upwork and I want to know, If I can use my friend credit card to buy connects?
How does it work( the algorithm on Upwork)?
I am waiting for your answer, thank you in advance.
Best regards,
7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy New Year, Danielle!

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the team will notify you directly through an email. 

Regarding your other question about the algorithm, could you please share more information about your question so that I can assist you further?

~ Avery
Upwork
d_orne
Community Member

Thank you for your answer Miss Avery,
The problem is the fact I can't use by myself any billing method. For the payment on Upwork, I chose Payoneer because I don't have a PayPal account or a credit card.
And with Payoneer I don't have any credit yet.
Can't I use my friend PayPal account for buying connect or his credit card?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danielle,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_orne
Community Member

I can't use any, I just have Payoneer but 0 credit on it.
Can I use my friend PayPal account to buy some, because I have 0 connect available?
Please answer me🙏.
d_orne
Community Member

About the Algorithm, I was thinking about if I sent a proposal in which position I am on the list of the client?Because every time I sent a proposal, even though I have the skills for the job, It seems he doesn't look at it.
Is this because I am new?
ajitmrin
Community Member

Hi Danielle,

Wish you a very Happy New Year.

There are no algorithm on this platform. You will have to use your connects judiciously and apply for those contracts where you feel you can do a better job than other applicants. Start with small contracts and aim to complete it successfully as per the clients requirement. Make a portfolio highlighting the skill set you have. With every contract you complete and your client feedbacks, things will get easier as you go along.

Warm Regards

Ajit 

d_orne
Community Member

Hello Mr.Ajit,
Thank you for your advices.
I will use them from now.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths