🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Buying connects through Upwork Earnings
Page options
georgesawr
Community Member

Buying connects through Upwork Earnings

Hi,

How to use up wrok earning for buying connects ?Now I will have 31$ in my account by wednesday .

Can i use it ?

Thanks,

roshni

24 REPLIES 24
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roshni, 

Once you have a balance available in your Upwork account, you can go to your Membership & Connects page (Settings > Membership & Connects), and click on "Add More Connects" to purchase Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery O,

I can't find that option in my profile.... Im using the profile after 4yrs but I have 20$ as my earnings please help out.

Thank You,

Tiana

Hi Tiana,

I checked your account and it looks like you are an exclusive member of your agency. Only the agency owner and agency admins have the ability to purchase Connects. Connects will no longer be included for free for agencies. You will be able to buy them by the bundle, as follows:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

Note: If you are still on our Agency Basic plan, you can continue working on any existing projects. However, once you’re ready to submit proposals for new jobs and you no longer have a Connects balance, you’ll need to upgrade to our $20-a-month Agency Plus plan in order to purchase Connects. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nepazine
Community Member

Hi there, I have a total earning of $40 shown in my profile. Recently I have completed a job. But I am not able to buy only connects neither I can upgrade my plan using this earning.

please help

Thanks.

Hi Jiten,

I checked and it seems that the funds are already in the 'Pending' section of your Reports page. Once the funds move to the 'Available' section, you should be able to use them to purchase Connects or upgrade your membership. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have $20+ earnings in my Profile but I can't use it to purchase connects. I am only given Card and Paypal options.

Hi Mark Jenry,

I checked your account and it looks like your funds are still Pending. You can check this by going to Reports > Overview. Funds are in the pending tab for a 5-day Security Period before being Available. Once your funds have moved to the Available tab, you can use them to purchase Connects.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for the response, Andrea. I have one more question. Once the funds become available, can I withdraw any amount I want, or there is a minimum?

Mark Jenry,

You can use the Get Paid Now button to withdraw any amount of your earnings manually. However, you may want to check your payment method's fees before withdrawing.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, i've been trying unscuccesfully to purchase connects from my avaialable earnings but it keeps requesting for a promo code or billing method. please note that my money is no longer pending but available since today. but my availabe balance is zero while my available earning is fourteen dollars.

Hi Promise,

Thank you for your message. Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. You can use your Upwork balance to purchase Connects when you have available funds. Please note that if you have sufficient funds, we will withdraw from your account balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information. You can also find more information in this help article

~ Arjay
Upwork
91359dd2
Community Member

I have 24$ earning available in my upwork account and i want you to tell me how to buy membership plus plan via that earning and

Hi Honest,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. There are three billing methods available to freelancers. If you are moving from our free Basic plan to a Plus plan, you will need to sign up and pay for the first month with your billing method (any existing balance can't be used in this case).

You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2d2429a9
Community Member

Does it remove all your earnings from Earning Tab on upwork?

Hi Onkar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify your question so that we can better assist you? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I am currently working with a client and I have $22 total earnings as shown in my profile.

nawaraj_karki_0-1696401386336.png

And when I try to buy connects it asks me to add billing methods (either payment card or , PayPal)
But I want to buy the connects using that total earning shown in my profile.

- Nawaraj

Hi Nawaraj,

To clarify, the "Total Earnings" on your profile shows the total amount you've earned on all the contracts that you've had on Upwork. This cannot be withdrawn.

The amount you can use if there's any, is the Available Balance

If you have enough balance on your Upwork account, you can use it to buy Connects. However, the system will still prompt you to add a billing method. You must enter a valid billing method, then the proceed to purchasing Connects using your Available Balance.

~ AJ
Upwork

Also how can I get a complete detail of my upwork earning (like how much came from where , how much was charged by upwork fee and all )
like an statement. not just work book or available balance A Statement like bank statements.

1101a18b
Community Member

Hi kindly check my account and direct me how to buy connects with the balance.If possible can you do it on your end?.

Thanks in advance

Hi Job,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can use your Upwork balance to purchase Connects even if you don’t have a primary billing method on file, as long as you have enough in your balance to cover the cost. You can also use a combination of Upwork earnings and your billing method if you have one on file — if your balance is not enough to cover the cost, we’ll automatically charge your primary billing method.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
bdc58b04
Community Member

I have the same problem. I bought some connects and thought I would have the option of using my balance which is available ($10) as well as my bank card which is already saved. However when I clicked on "buy" it automatically used my bank card! I wanted to use the $10 first from my balance! Hope you underrstand what I mean, if not, please let me know.

Hi Armando,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
engineerzacky
Community Member

Hi,

How to use upwork earning for buying connects ?Now I have 10$ in my account.

Can i use it ?

Hi Zakaria,

To use the remaining funds on your account to purchase Connects, go to your Account Settings, then Membership & Connects then find and select Buy Connects.

759e32fa_0-1691872567923.png

Once you click buy connect, select the number of Connects that your available balance can purchase.

759e32fa_1-1691872567874.png

As stated, If you have sufficient funds, Upwork will withdraw from your account balance which you have currently $1.10. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method (If you have a card link to it)

Once you select the number of Connects, select Buy Connects. From there you should have an additional Connects once you successfully purchase all your remaining balance.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths