🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » CAD Designer
Page options
rizwan_aksar
Community Member

CAD Designer

My name is Rizwan Aksar and I am a CAD designer. I am new here and would like to know, how anyone is expected to give a proposal to a CAD job, if there are No details, specs or attached PDF's, jpeg file? Some people bid on these jobs but how they know what there are bidding for?

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Some people bid on these jobs but how they know what there are bidding for?"

What makes you think those bidders know all the details?

They don't know anything more than you do.

But THOSE freelancers are the only ones who are opening up a conversation with the client, in order to ask further details and demonstrate their expertise and knowledge of CAD.

Remember: A job posting is not a contract. If you suggest certain things (including a dollar amount), you're not committed to those things, or those dollar amounts, when you create the actual contract.

I often submit proposals to jobs that have few details, because I can tell that the client who posted the job is the kind of person who needs some extra help formulating her ideas. And I'm the right kind of freelancer to help her do that. While getting paid, of course.

If you need more details than are present in a job posting in order to feel comfortable bidding on it, just ignore that job posting and leave that job for other freelancers who are more comfortable working with those types of clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths