🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I accept job invites even if my accou...
Page options
migueloquias
Community Member

Can I accept job invites even if my account was not approved yet?

Hi there, 

I am new in Upwork. I just read online that most of the job in Upwork is via invite. Can I accept job invites and get paid even if my account was not approved yet?

Thank you so much!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miguel, 

You will need to have submitted your account for approval first before a client is able to send you an offer. I wanted to check if you have submitted your profile for approval already? 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bennett-cristina
Community Member

Welcome! I beleieve it is better to settle your account first that way everything will run smoothly and legit and safe... 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Miguel Antonio O wrote:

Hi there, 

I am new in Upwork. I just read online that most of the job in Upwork is via invite. Can I accept job invites and get paid even if my account was not approved yet?

Thank you so much!

That is nonsense. Most of the jobs are awarded via proposal.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miguel, 

You will need to have submitted your account for approval first before a client is able to send you an offer. I wanted to check if you have submitted your profile for approval already? 

~ Avery
Upwork
66d35e3a
Community Member

I have got a job invitation but I'm not sure if I'm approved

petra_r
Community Member

Miguel Antonio O wrote:

I am new in Upwork. I just read online that most of the job in Upwork is via invite.

This may be true for long established very successful freelancers. It is not true for entry-level newbies in already overcrowded categories. Such freelancers will likely never get invited by genuine clients until they have done a few jobs.

Miguel Antonio O wrote:

Can I accept job invites and get paid even if my account was not approved yet?

No. Clients cannot send invites to profiles that haven't been approved. 98% of new profiles are rejected, by the way.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths