🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I accept more interviews and submit p...
Page options
daverlycerezo
Community Member

Can I accept more interviews and submit proposals to them?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Upwork and freelancing, but I have experienced working on a corporate desk that helps me in building my profile. Due to this, I am receiving several job invitations that I am interested to work with. Currently, I accepted 3 of them this week - on my profile, it is Under the ACTIVE PROPOSALS. 

I haven't submitted any other proposals yet aside from those via the interview invitation button, discussing details to the client. I will also admit that I am not able to respond to some of the interviews to decline or accept them, due to some activities that I have involved with Outside of the Internet from the past months - that's why some of them accumulated in my profile. I apologize if I have had let things like this happen. 

So, my ultimate question is can I accept more interview now, without having the anxiety that one day my account will be suspended? 

Thank you so much for all your help.

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Member

Daverly, freelancers can be suspended for a number of reasons, but accepting too many invitations isn't one of them, so interview away. For that matter, there's no requirement to respond to invitations, either, though it's polite to do so promptly, even if just to decline, and it does affect your profile 'response time' stat, but not your JSS as far as I know.

However, if you're talking about sending proposals, then yes, too many unsuccessful proposals can get you permanently suspended, so be cautious with those.

Thank you so much for the response, Sir John. Yes, I'll keep that in mind.

Hopefully, I can be of value to those who needed my services. 

Daverly C wrote:

Thank you so much for the response, Sir John. Yes, I'll keep that in mind.

Hopefully, I can be of value to those who needed my services. 

Unless John is a Knight of the British Empire (which I doubt), the correct term of address is just "John", or if you want to be excessively polite, "sir" or "John, sir". 😉

That said, I think "Sir John of Upwork" has a nice ring to it.

Speak for yourself, Richard. You’re a gentleman and a true scholar.

John K wrote:
Speak for yourself, Richard. You’re a gentleman and a true scholar.

Thank you, Mr K.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths