🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I convert my client account to freela...
Page options
b29ebb52
Community Member

Can I convert my client account to freelancer account ?

I just create my client account. I want to hire a freelaancer for my logo but I have a question can I also get job with this account ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, Nisha. You can create a freelancer account straight from your Client account. Please follow the steps outlined below to create a freelancer account: 

1. Click the Settings, and then click My Info.
  2. Click the Create a New Account link at the bottom.
  3. Select New Freelancer Account.
  4. Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, Nisha. You can create a freelancer account straight from your Client account. Please follow the steps outlined below to create a freelancer account: 

1. Click the Settings, and then click My Info.
  2. Click the Create a New Account link at the bottom.
  3. Select New Freelancer Account.
  4. Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have not seen  "my info" tab.can you show me exact location.

It looks like this is under the My Teams option in settings now.Capture.JPG

d597e13c
Community Member

Great Reply 

Appreciated.

f555a896
Community Member

it doesnt work. been trying. the select option new freelancer is blacken  and not able click. not working 

Hi Luvilyne,

To create a freelancer account, you need to go to Settings > My info, scroll to the bottom of the page, click 'Create New Account', and on the popup, select 'New Freelancer Account'. However, before doing this, you need to verify your email address.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b6d916ac
Community Member

Hi Avery.
I'm following your instructions to create a New Freelance Account for my current Client account.
Unfortunately, I've now an option "New Freelancer Account" after I selected "Create a New Account ", see screenshot below.

Hi Vladislav,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties creating a Freelancer profile from your Client account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a4170450
Community Member

Hi, everyone.

I just create a client account from freelancer account.

After that I can't use my freelancer account, I can't see any jobs.

Help me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Craig, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. Once a ticket is generated, you can access it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
7710634e
Community Member

I didnt mean to create a client account I was trying to create a freelancer one. Do I have to create a second account or can't I just convert the client one into a freelancer one?

Hi Laurie,

You should be able to open a freelancer profile from the account you already have. You will need to go to Settings > My Info and select "Create New Account" at the bottom. After creating your freelancer profile, you can switch back to your Client profile and close it if you wish. You can check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths