🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I create two agencies?
Page options
maria_severo
Community Member

Can I create two agencies?

At the moment I have the following:

• 1 freelancer account
  • 1 client account 
  • 1 agency account

All of them are related to software quality assurance. From now on, I would like to have a second agency that will be related to other type of services, so I don't want to mix them up because they are not the same company nor the same team.

I'm not finding the way to do this and I'm wondering if it's not possible. When I go to My Teams, I see a button to create a new account, but when I click on it, it only gives me the option to create a client account with the message: "Hire, manage and pay as a different company. Each client company has its own freelancers, payment methods and reports"

I do not want to post jobs or hire freelancers. I just want to create a second agency to work with my other team. Can someone let me know if it's possible and what are the steps to do it?

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tomas, 

I'm not sure if there is a limit to the number of agencies you can setup. Since it states that you need a freelancer account to create an agency account, it is very likely that you can only create one agency account under your login credentials. However, you can be associated with different agencies.

I'll go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Tomas, this is to confirm that users are only allowed one agency under your account. If you would like to create another agency, you can talk to you partner in your agency, so that they can create an agency under their account. From their, your partner can invite you to the agency, and you can be assigned Admin/Business Manager privileges. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Is there any news about this?
fayala
Community Member

Any updates on this? I'm currently setting up 2 different bpo projects with different foci but would like to retain control over both from the same base account.

Hi Fernando,

As Avery updated in her reply, you are only able to create one Agency from your account. However, if you are a Non-Exclusive Agency Member, another user can invite you to their Agency and set up your permissions as an admin or business manager.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
fayala
Community Member

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify my query, this is basically the scenario I am asking
about: 1 Upwork account = owner of more than 1 Agency (operational phrase
= "owner", not admin or member)

Thanks again!

Latest Articles