🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I end my contract with a client?
Page options
hannaastadan
Community Member

Can I end my contract with a client?

Hello, I have a current client that stopped communicating with me. The last communication that we have was on January 31, after that he hasn't given me any task or project. The contract is still active but I don't know what's going on. My job with him has been stagnant so I am thinking if it is appropriate to ask him to just end the contract so I can look for other jobs.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
patanwala_husain
Community Member

Hi Hanna,

You can obviously search for new jobs. You can work on as many as jobs you want to. There is no limit. If you client is not responsive, ask him politely to end your contract if there is no work for you and wait for few days. If you don't get any response from him, you can end that contract by your self from My jobs.
robin_hyman
Community Member

Hanna Grace V wrote:

Hello, I have a current client that stopped communicating with me. The last communication that we have was on January 31, after that he hasn't given me any task or project. The contract is still active but I don't know what's going on. My job with him has been stagnant so I am thinking if it is appropriate to ask him to just end the contract so I can look for other jobs.

Assuming you've been paid for your work (your profile is set to private so I can't tell), then leave it be for now.  It doesn't affect you looking or applying for more work.  If you end the contract and the client doesn't give you feedback and you end multiple contracts with the same result, your JSS will drop.  

If you don't know if the client has more work for you or not, a simple message will do:

Hi (client name),

Hope all is well.  I haven't heard from you in a while and wondered if you have additional work for me?  If not, I kindly as that you end the contract and provide appropriate feedback.  Thank you!

Hanna

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths