🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I get banned for putting tape on my keybo...
Page options
7e3f7603
Community Member

Can I get banned for putting tape on my keyboard?

I'm working as a CSR taking calls but I only get like 5 calls per day. Anyway I have to be available all day long so that is what I get payed for just being there and answering when I have to. I love it. There is just one problem I have to keep on moving the mouse and clicking and sometimes when I'm reading something or just doing other things while I wait with my Bluetooth headset on I loose my tracked time because of inactivity. So I was wondering if I just put some tape on my keyboard pressing a key and leave it open on a notepad will it be counted as an autoclicker? I'm still going to be available just that I use my Bluetooth headset to take calls and can access the ringcentral app from my phone so it would be great if I could just leave my computer tracking while I do other things. I'm still working by being available all day long and of course always stay within a quiet environment, taking notes, transferring calls, providing information, it would just help me be more comfortable and not stuck on the computer while waiting. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

You could indeed get caught doing this.

This could indeed be counted as an autoclicker.

You could indeed get banned for doing this.

There appear to be gaps in your understanding about how hourly contracts and the desktop time-tracker program work.

You should ask more questions and learn more about these topics until you understand fully why what you are proposing is a terrible idea. An idea that could be very dangerous to you personally, as it could lead to your termination from the platform.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

You could indeed get caught doing this.

This could indeed be counted as an autoclicker.

You could indeed get banned for doing this.

There appear to be gaps in your understanding about how hourly contracts and the desktop time-tracker program work.

You should ask more questions and learn more about these topics until you understand fully why what you are proposing is a terrible idea. An idea that could be very dangerous to you personally, as it could lead to your termination from the platform.

Why don't you ask your client if you can use manual time, or be put on a retainer or something like that? If you're just clicking the mouse but the screen captures aren't showing any work being done, then your time wouldn't be protected anyway if the client decided to challenge your hours.

😮 oh no! Ok thanks for the feedback I will keep this in mind. I'm glad I asked this question.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths