🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I get connects back?
Page options
erica-sinatra
Community Member

Can I get connects back?

I had a client write back that they had chosen another person before I submitted my proposal. So I just wasted those connects. Is there a way to get them back?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sorry. No.

Really? Even if the client sent me a message saying so? That's kind of a rip off isn't it? That's a bummer. Why can't we submit fora "refund" or something? Such a waste.

Erica S wrote:

Really? Even if the client sent me a message saying so? That's kind of a rip off isn't it? That's a bummer. Why can't we submit fora "refund" or something? Such a waste.

Not that matters - you've NOT wasted your connects.

You have used them wisely, as you always do. When not hired, you gain experience.

They (connects) ARE gone, but not wasted. Used.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erica, 

Submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. Only when a client closes a job post without hire, or if the job post has violated the Upwork Terms of Service will we refund Connects to a freelancer's account. In this situation, we ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

~ Avery
Upwork
moonraker
Community Member

There might be an argument to be made for refunds on jobs that remain open without any hires - but surely not for jobs on which one or more people have been hired. 

You are able to see before you apply whether or not the client has already hired somebody for the position. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths