🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I get some professional feedback on m...
Page options
miles-poprawski
Community Member

Can I get some professional feedback on my profile / new on Upwork

Im looking for friends and teamates honest positive ppl i guess i need guidance i have problem with one client he dont want to pay what to do any feedabck on work i did is welcome 😞 i feel bad kinda getting. used to freelance 

Nice to meet you 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Miles P wrote:

Im looking for friends and teamates honest positive ppl i guess i need guidance i have problem with one client he dont want to pay what to do any feedabck on work i did is welcome 😞 i feel bad kinda getting. used to freelance 

Nice to meet you 🙂

Miles,

You seem to be doing well so far and you have a good portfolio. However, your English is not at native bilingual level, so you need to adress that and more importantly, your overviews need immediate attention.

There is too much cut and paste going on from other people's profiles, which is a big no-no (actually fraudulent) and foolish because if clients discover it, you will be ignored. You need to find someone who speaks and writes excellent English,  who will help you put together an original profile that you can be proud of and that reflects your own work. 

Oh my god thank you Nichola yes im struggiling with that for a long time actually thats really good point im changing my description all the time putting quotes and sentences that are correct 😞 fo u know anyone who could turlly help me ?? i have problem also people dont understand me maybe im too much i would grateful for help also in terms of supporting my website i guess content is mis match too 🙂 and thank you for honest opinion i needed that otherwise i would changing my profile once a month which is true 

Miles P wrote:

Oh my god thank you Nichola yes im struggiling with that for a long time actually thats really good point im changing my description all the time putting quotes and sentences that are correct 😞 fo u know anyone who could turlly help me ?? i have problem also people dont understand me maybe im too much i would grateful for help also in terms of supporting my website i guess content is mis match too 🙂 and thank you for honest opinion i needed that otherwise i would changing my profile once a month which is true 

Well you could start with your friends. Do you have any friends who speak English well enough to help you with this? Your English does not have to be perfect, but your profile must be uniquely yours.

If not, I would suggest you write your profile in Polish and hire someone to translate it. In fact, I think this is probably the best thing to do. 

kat303
Community Member

Miles P wrote:

Nice to meet you 🙂

If you have a client that doesn't want to pay you it would depend on what type of job it is. 

If it's an hourly job, the client is billed for the hours you work. If they don't pay Upwork will pay you out of their own pocket as long as you followed the procedures using Tracker to record your hours.

If the job is fixed rate, then you will need to file a dispute. In a dispute an Upwork mediator will suggest that you try and work out some sort of compromise with the client. If that can't be achieved, then you'll have to go into arbitration. 

Always get a client to close the contract because they have to leave feedback. A client can't close a contract without leaving feedback. If you close a contract a client just gets notification to leave feedback, they may or they may not.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths