🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I get verified to work if I have empl...
Page options
vikashs
Community Member

Can I get verified to work if I have employment authorization document?

Hi, My wife has employment authorization document, can I get her account verified on Upwork to work? I live in Dedham, MA.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vikash,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Please note that during verification processes you need to use your own ID, you won't be able to use your wife's EAD.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
vikashs
Community Member

Hi Bojan, Thanks for the quick response.
My wife is currently in Boston and She wants to work Upwork, I am asking this question on her behalf as if her Employement Authorisation Document is a verifiable document by Upwork team in process to let her work here? We have discussed it in local with our consultant and he said yes, but I know when someone create an account on upwork, it ask for ID verification, so for this process if she submit her EAD, will this be an acceptable document?

I hope my question is clear now.

Best,
Vikash

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vikash,

To learn more about our accepted documents check out this Help Article. When a verification is needed our team is reaching out via ticket with detailed instructions as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths