🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I hire as a private person?
Page options
d69f1ce1
Community Member

Can I hire as a private person?

Hi,

I need my office designed but if the designer is good, i would like to give him/her one more project to do, later on. I would like to re-design my home as well. 

Obviously the home design should not be paid by my company and company account. Can I hire and pay as a private person on Upwork?

Thanks!

Br,

Timea

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Thilo,

I`m sorry about the confusion. Just to clarify, you can hire freelancers as a private person as well. 
Under the company details sections, you can add your name or leave it blank. If you experience any problems while setting up your client profile, feel free to follow up here or via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Timea G wrote:

Hi,

I need my office designed but if the designer is good, i would like to give him/her one more project to do, later on. I would like to re-design my home as well. 

Obviously the home design should not be paid by my company and company account. Can I hire and pay as a private person on Upwork?

Thanks!

Br,

Timea

Of course! You just need to create your own client account. 

Hi, If I look at my client account settings, there is no such option to fill in or modify my private info and address. Only company details and company contacts. By setting up a new client account the first question asked is about the company name. So does the entity 'company' includes 'private person'? Best regards, Thilo

Hi Thilo,

Are you referring to editing your name? You can do this by logging in to your account and going here. Just click on the pencil icon to update your name. On the link above, you can update your company details as well. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Thilo,

Are you referring to editing your name? You can do this by logging in to your account and going here. Just click on the pencil icon to update your name. On the link above, you can update your company details as well. 

That really doesn't address the OP's question, Joanne.

dc838e87
Community Member

Not at all, as pointed out by Virginia. I was referring to the question if private persons are allowed to hire on upwork as in the original question of this thread. If yes, why must I give a company name!? Thanks for replying though.

Hi Thilo,

I`m sorry about the confusion. Just to clarify, you can hire freelancers as a private person as well. 
Under the company details sections, you can add your name or leave it blank. If you experience any problems while setting up your client profile, feel free to follow up here or via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, Obviously "can" and "being allowed to" does not necessarily mean the same. And the nuance was the problem I had while setting up my client account in first place. Probably because it was not obvious if this is a b2b marketplace only. Thanks for looking into it though. Best regards, Thilo

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths