🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I hire someone for a video chat consultat...
Page options
31f1bbcc
Community Member

Can I hire someone for a video chat consultation?

I want to hire someone for a consultation. I do not wand endless back and forth chats or messages. Does Upwork have video chat? Or do I need to go outside of Upwork to have a skype, zoom, or Slack video call?  The option to pay to speak live to someone for a consultation would be wonderful.  But can it be done?

2 REPLIES 2
sjbercot
Community Member

Upwork has video calling you can use before the contract is in place, and after you have a contract with a freelancer for the consultation, you can use whatever calling platform you like.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The option to pay to speak live to someone for a consultation would be wonderful. But can it be done?"

It can definitely be done. But it is not a service that Upwork directly provides. It is a service that Upwork freelancers provide. Most Upwork freelancers will be happy to be hired to provide consulting using video chat or phone or other methods. But you would need to make it clear in your job posting that this is what you want. Some freelancers don't do that. It is up to individual freelancers to decide.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths