🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I link my Moodle Cloud site (which is an ...
Page options
anuradha313
Community Member

Can I link my Moodle Cloud site (which is an LMS that hosts online courses) on my Upwork Portfolio??

Hi Upwork community!

I am a new freelancer on Upwork and have just landed my first gig, which is going very well. 🙂

I had made the horrendous mistake of linking my Portfolio website on my Upwork portfolio (thinking that it is far easier and a great way to showcase my past work). I just found out its not allowed and promptly took it off my Upwork portfolio. I am currently in the process of adding my work samples on to my Upwork portfolio...

Now, I have another website, which is a Moodle Cloud website. It is actually an LMS (Learning Management System), where I have hosted a self-created online course (I did that as part of my Instructional Design Certification). It encompasses a big chunk of my skillset, and so I was very proud earlier when I linked it to my Upwork portfolio. But since I found out about the rules on linking portfolio websites, I am scared about this website as well.

Can someone please tell me if it is okay to link an LMS to my Upwork portfolio? It needs a user ID and a password to be accessed, and only contains an online course in it. I checked, and as far as I can see, there is no link to my e-mail or anything in there.

I can provide a link to the website here, if it is allowed, and if you guys would like to verify. (For now, I am deleting it from my portfolio, to be on the safer side.)

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Anuradha **Edited for community guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anuradha,

You can include links and share your external portfolios in your proposals, cover letters or interview stage, but please do review these tips in order to work safely and in line with Upwork ToS, and make sure that all the payments are made on Upwork between you and the client you met on Upwork!  

However, portfolio or overview can be used to share links or external portfolios provided there is no contact information in it! You can find more tips, instructions, and related policies in this Help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths