🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I make the job description files private ...
Page options
1efa01f6
Community Member

Can I make the job description files private only for the accepted candidate?

I have files I don't want to be downloaded publicly. If I post my project to the comunity can I restrict the file access only to the user that I accepted?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

The answer to your question is: yes and no.

There is no way for you to include an attachment with your job posting and make that attachment privately accessible only by a person that you hire.

What you CAN do is NOT include a file with the posting, but provide that file only to people who you interview and/or hire.

If you think that the file format is particularly important to include with your job posting, you may include a sample file with only a few rows of demo data. You may note that it is a demonstration file only and that the actual file will he approximately 5000 records in it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

The answer to your question is: yes and no.

There is no way for you to include an attachment with your job posting and make that attachment privately accessible only by a person that you hire.

What you CAN do is NOT include a file with the posting, but provide that file only to people who you interview and/or hire.

If you think that the file format is particularly important to include with your job posting, you may include a sample file with only a few rows of demo data. You may note that it is a demonstration file only and that the actual file will he approximately 5000 records in it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Agam,

If you post a public job you may want to avoid including links to websites or any contact information in the description, as anybody will be able to see it. You can send that information to freelancers individually once you invite them or interview them.

Please check this help article and this blog for more information on how to post a job. Please read more about Simple & Safe hiring through Upwork

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths