🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I open my Upwork account in more than one...
Page options
romailali
Community Member

Can I open my Upwork account in more than one places

Hi Upwork,

I want to know that can I open my Upwork account in more than one places. Like, I am here and my team member is in another place (Maybe in the same place, city or country). So, can we both open the same account? 
Are there any restrictions about that?

Thanks.
Romail

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Romail A wrote:

Okay. But, can I open my upwork app while I my upwork is opened in the laptop. 
Is this okay?

Are you by any chance trying to find a way how you and your whatever-he-may be can both access your Upwork account? Obviously if you are using your Upwork account on your laptop, the app would be on the same network so that will likely not cause any red flags, the account being accessed from different places at the same time obviously would.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Romail A wrote:

I want to know that can I open my Upwork account in more than one places. Like, I am here and my team member is in another place (Maybe in the same place, city or country). So, can we both open the same account? 
Are there any restrictions about that?

Nobody other than you yourself may ever touch, log in, use your Upwork account under any circumstances at all, from 2 different places or the same place.

Any evidence of doing so could cost you your account.

Is this okay?

Romail A wrote:

Is this okay?

Are you by any chance trying to find a way how you and your whatever-he-may be can both access your Upwork account? Obviously if you are using your Upwork account on your laptop, the app would be on the same network so that will likely not cause any red flags, the account being accessed from different places at the same time obviously would.

[This has nothing to do with the original poster, by the way, but is just general advice:]

Upwork really, really does not like anybody sharing accounts. It is strictly against the rules. For a lot of sites, this is no big deal. For Upwork, it is. It is grounds for termination.

I would never let anybody use my Upwork acocunt. Not a family member, friend, colleague, client, nobody.

And if I had a friend who was a freelancer, and they had a "team member," I would tell him to never let that team member use their Upwork account. Because it isn't worth it. I would tell him that Upwork has active counter-measures and automated algorithms that check and TRY to identify people who share their accounts. I would point out that people have had their accounts suspended and terminated for this. So friends are one thing, but money is another. I would tell my friend to not share.

Hello Preston,

Thanks for your kind advice. I will keep in mind these details.

Romail Ali

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths