🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I pay a freelancer using my PayPal ba...
Page options
bonn_cristopher
Community Member

Can I pay a freelancer using my PayPal balance?

Hello everyone.

I tried to search the forums and the help center but haven't found a clear answer. I am from Argentina and I plan to hire a freelancer. I would like to pay with PayPal. I do not have a credit card but I have funds in USD in my PayPal balance. Can I pay using these funds? 

Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlos Cristopher,

Please note that Paypal is not an available billing method for all users, you will be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options. To add Paypal as your billing method on Upwork, you will need to link your Paypal account to either a credit card or a bank account. You can read this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tried to add Paypal as my billing method but it keeps asking me for a credit card. I guess I can't pay using my funds in USD. Disappointing 😞 

I have same problem here. Why there's no way to pay with USD when you have them on your PayPal account?

Hi Bogna,

Are you referring to paying freelancers? You can be charged in USD or in your local currency.

Could you please share more details with me so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm reffering to billing method. When choosing PayPal it's asking for credit card even when I have USD on PayPal account. Ther's no way to use those USD to pay for anything at Upwork portal.

Hi Bogna,

I checked, and Paypal is available for you to use as your billing method. To add your Paypal account, please choose "Paypal" as shown on the screenshot below:

image.png

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ssylwira
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Bogna,

I checked, and Paypal is available for you to use as your billing method. To add your Paypal account, please choose "Paypal" as shown on the screenshot below:

But on PayPal credit card is the only way of payment I can choose.

Hi Bogna,

To clarify, you want to use PayPal as a billing method and pay your freelancers? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

No, I wanted to buy connects, but I don't think that matters. The problem is with billing method, regardless of the purpose.

Hi Bogna,

I'm sorry about the confusion as I just saw that you were asked the same question on this thread. I shared your billing method issues with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths