🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I register for UpWork under the age of 18...
Page options
dyatsura9
Community Member

Can I register for UpWork under the age of 18, but with parental permission?

Hello.

I am sure that I have a very demanded specialization in programming. I am 15 years old. Can I register for UpWork under the age of 18, but with parental permission? The law of Ukraine allows me to work up to 18 years with the consent of the parents. My parents allow me and I'm already working in my specialty. I have a European passport.

Looking forward to your response.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately no, you will need to be at least 18 years old. Everyone over the age of 18 who has an Internet connection can apply to join. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately no, you will need to be at least 18 years old. Everyone over the age of 18 who has an Internet connection can apply to join. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Daniel,

As Goran said, unfortunately not. If you have knowledge in your field and an internet connection and a head for business, which is great to hear as so many teenagers just don't have that passion to work anymore, then maybe you could set up a website of your own and attract some clients? Be an entrepreneur. Go for it!

Best wishes and good luck,

Louisa 

Thanks you. I already work on local freelance, but they pay a lot less there than on UpWork. Have a nice day.

babaria_pruthvi
Community Member

I think upwork community wont allow you . but still you can have hope.

Thanks

Daniel, while you are waiting to become 18, I strongly suggest you learn the basics of being a business owner - marketing, basic business accounting, tax implications.  This will help you become successful in the end.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths