🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I run two ID's on one PC?
Page options
capton-safdar
Community Member

Can I run two ID's on one PC?

hey, Can I login two ID,s of upwork on one PC. One for me and second of my friend? Will these be suspended?
Kindly answer me about it we are in trouble.
Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad S wrote:
How will you know that I have shared my account with anyone?

They have their ways.  Sometimes people even accidentally admit it directly to them once they realize they made a mistake and their accounts are going to get banned.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You're allowed to share the same IP address and computer with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your login credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Muhammad S wrote:

Why are you asking?

Sorry for that, If it will be mistaken login to another account of already
user then it will be suapended or not?

Muhammad S wrote:
Sorry for that, If it will be mistaken login to another account of already
user then it will be suapended or not?

How do you mistakenly log into the account of another person?

Martina P wrote:

Muhammad S wrote:

If your friend is interested in starting a new account in order to get free connects, if they earn any money they'll be asked to verify their I.D. with a video call. So just make sure that your friend is aware of this.

Because if it will be by mistaken then what will happened?

Muhammad S wrote:

They have their ways.  Sometimes people even accidentally admit it directly to them once they realize they made a mistake and their accounts are going to get banned.

petra_r
Community Member

Posting a question such as "How will you know that I have done this" is a good indication that shenanigans are going on and further investigation is needed...

Tell your "friend" to get his or her own device.

He can not afford new device.

Muhammad S wrote:
He can not afford new device.

It sounds like you can run the screenshot tool from two seperate logins to the same device according to Aleksandar, but your friend would need their own approved Upwork account and to be hired on to the their own clients jobs (even if it's the same client).  They cannot log work for you as you, if you do that you will almost certainly get banned.

Fixed priced jobs are a different matter altogether as I believe you can sub-contract the work as long as you inform your client.

Mark F wrote:

Muhammad S wrote:

I get the feeling OP would not do well in a police interrogation. Thankfully the worst thing that can happen to him here is to lose his account. 

He marked it as a solution too!

Mark F wrote:
He marked it as a solution too!

Hilarious! I my fictional example he would've handcuffed himself. 

Ok thanks for your answer.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths