🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I search for work in the UK whilst living...
Page options
084ba719
Community Member

Can I search for work in the UK whilst living in France?

I live in France but am looking for UK based bookkeeping work. I signed up to Upwork and chose UK as my country but would like to show my true address in France for my account address. Is this possible please? I am not able to complete my registration at this time because the country box on page 9 is fixed to the UK. Many thanks, Rachel

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Rachel,

If you are referring to working for clients who are in the U.K, yes, you can submit proposals to those jobs. However, if you are referring to the option to view U.K only jobs or those that have location specifications, you will need to confirm that you are in the U.K. Some clients prefer working with local freelancers to help them complete their projects. Please note that you are required to provide accurate information about your location.

Your country has been updated to France, and you may now continue adding the rest of your profile. If you need further clarification, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
bilalpervaiz58
Community Member

Hi Rachel,

Yes you can look for jobs in UK spesically while living in france also while choosing address of france in upwork settings and billing option.

Tutoiral how to search UK based jobs spesically.

01. Type is search box " book keeping"

02.right side there will be green button with name "filter" click on filter

03.on the botom of the page there will be location selection box type there " united kingdom" press enter and click on search button , 

its done now only UK based jobs will be shown in the search results.

i have attached a screen for better understanding.

if this awnser helps kindly mark it as solution 

Thanks for responding, it answers a part of my question, but the question was in regards to my registration.  I chose United Kingdom as my country and now I cannot register in full as I live in France.  Box 9 on my registration is stuck on United Kingdom.  Do you know how to change this please?

Thanks for responding, it answers a part of my question, but the question was in regards to my registration.  I chose United Kingdom as my country and now I cannot register in full as I live in France.  Box 9 on my registration is stuck on United Kingdom.  Do you know how to change this please?

below mentoned youtube video shows how to change your country in upwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtsyCcUUg1I

thanks for attempting to help me, but I do not understand the content of the video as I do not understand any other languages apart from English and French.  Many thanks for trying to help me.

text message your  issue to this lady.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8663

she will change your location from uk to france

and the second option is  to contact Upwork Customer Support and submit a help ticket, asking them humbly to help you correct your country location to the right country.

https://support.upwork.com/

same problem you have other people had and solved using above method 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Wrong-country-while-creating-my-profile/td-p/444501

there is one more option 

send your location change from uk to france request on upwork twitter account text them also you can text them on facebook typically they change within 3 hours , previously they did changed within 03 hours people who text them on twitter and facebook message

084ba719
Community Member

I chose UK because I wanted work from the UK.  I live in France.  I appreciate that those living in India and Pakistan in qualified positions, programmers, accountants etc would prefer to earn money remotely from US clients.   Yes it would be helpful if the interface was more specific and more adaptable.  If you notice, none of these freelancers wanted to lie about where they lived, they indeed contacted you to ensure their registration was above board and inkeeping with the rules.  I am currently waiting for someone to get back to me so that I can finish my registration legitimately too!  If you fancy having a look at updating my country details, I would be very grateful! 

Best,

Rachel

JoanneP

Hi Rachel,

If you are referring to working for clients who are in the U.K, yes, you can submit proposals to those jobs. However, if you are referring to the option to view U.K only jobs or those that have location specifications, you will need to confirm that you are in the U.K. Some clients prefer working with local freelancers to help them complete their projects. Please note that you are required to provide accurate information about your location.

Your country has been updated to France, and you may now continue adding the rest of your profile. If you need further clarification, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
084ba719
Community Member

Thank you so much for the clarification and action. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Rachel Watkins
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths