🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I see and post reviews of Upwork clients/
Page options
jonathanlevey
Community Member

Can I see and post reviews of Upwork clients/

...if so, how can a check out the Reviews on a specific potential cleint?

Also, how/where can I post a review of a cleint that I have completed work for?

With appreciation,

Jonathan

Jonathan Levey
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jonathan L wrote:

With appreciation,

Jonathan

Let the client end the job (ask them), so they will have to leave feedback. Then you get an email that your contract has ended, and you are able to leave feedback within 14 days. It works the other way too, but clients are often too busy to leave feedback after they are prompted (or simply don't care as much about feedback as freelancers do). 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan L wrote:

If the client has any previous feedback, you can see it on or rather below the job post, under "client's recent history)

You can only leave feedback for a client when a contract is closed.

Thanks for this great info, Petra! Very helpful!

With appreciation,

Jonathan
Jonathan Levey
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jonathan L wrote:

With appreciation,

Jonathan

Let the client end the job (ask them), so they will have to leave feedback. Then you get an email that your contract has ended, and you are able to leave feedback within 14 days. It works the other way too, but clients are often too busy to leave feedback after they are prompted (or simply don't care as much about feedback as freelancers do). 

Thanks so much, Martina, for clarifying “best practices” for getting and leaving reviews. Very helpful. I was unsure if I should end the contract myself, but now I know from your reply and the previous reply (thanks Petra!) that I should let the client end the contract.

I’m also confident that in the case of this first assignment, since the client has already expressed being very satisfied with my services rendered, that this client WILL take the time (and effort) to post a positive review, especially since this was also agreed to from the outset.

With appreciation,

Jonathan
Jonathan Levey
a7725e64
Community Member

Hello! I'm new to upwork, offering freelance graphic design and a former client has offered to post a positive review for me. We don't have a contract on upwork. Can she still post a review on my page?

No, because there is no job that you've done with her through Upwork. But check this out about Testimonials and maybe that could work: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002004322-Testimonials

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths