🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I send the software to my client?
Page options
21ec5f4a
Community Member

Can I send the software to my client?

Hello, this is my first time using Up Work and I still don't understand some things.
Three days ago I've seen this post Build cross-platform Desktop App and I sent a proposal.

The proposal was accepted (it is listed here as an "Active proposal"). Throughout these 3 days, I was having frequent contact with my client. While I was developing the software I kept sending him messages, videos and images, and getting his feedback.

The work is approaching the final moment, the software is quite ready and I believe I should sent him the software on .zip file. Although, I don't know how payment happens and I still don't know if I will be protected in case the client doesn't pay me. I simply don't know how the platform works exactly. 

Am I safe to send him the final work? 

When I click on the proposal I can see this:

"About the client

Payment method verified".
Does it mean is everything safe? Can I proceed and deliver the software?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filipe,

I checked and it seems that you were not hired for this job. It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page. Please ask your client to send you an offer. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filipe,

I checked and it seems that you were not hired for this job. It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page. Please ask your client to send you an offer. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hum, very interesting. Thanks for the answer, I will talk with my client about that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths