🐈 Community
amyjean05

Can I start a job before I've specified a payment method?

Hello! I'm new to Upwork and haven't set up a payment method yet. I plan to go to the bank on Friday to apply for a credit card, then set up a Paypal account, but can I start working before then? Will Upwork keep a record of my earnings so that I can get paid once I've set up a payment method? Or would my work go to waste if I don't already have a Paypal account? Thank you to whoever reads my question and can answer it. Smiley Happy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter

re: "Can I start a job before I've specified a payment method?"

Yes.

You can work. You can earn money. Your money will stay in your Upwork account until you set up a payment withdrawal method.

You have at least 60 days that you can leave earnings in your Upwork account. And according to some sources, you have 90 days.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter

re: "Can I start a job before I've specified a payment method?"

Yes.

You can work. You can earn money. Your money will stay in your Upwork account until you set up a payment withdrawal method.

You have at least 60 days that you can leave earnings in your Upwork account. And according to some sources, you have 90 days.

Thank you very much for the swift and helpful reply, Mr. Preston. Have a nice day!

Learning Paths