🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I submit a job if I am listed as a fr...
Page options
jtj3
Community Member

Can I submit a job if I am listed as a freelancer?

I've won a couple jobs as a freelancer here on UpWork, but I have some work I need done for me now (specifically, I need some graphic design help). From what I've seen I can either be a freelancer or a client, but not both. Is that correct, or am I missing something?

What I'd really like to do is have the work done, and pay out of the earnings I've got banked up here in my account.

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. You can read more about it here. Meanwhile, Please go through this Help Article and find out how to make an offer to hire a Freelancer. You can post a job, verify your payment method, review proposals you receive, send an offer and hire a freelancer to complete this work for you, and process the payment as explained here. You can also opt into receiving assistance from our dedicated team, helping new clients post their jobs and invite the best talent for their specific project. I'd also strongly advise you to review the client resources we shared here. Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan:  I am bit confused about how the $s are handled.  Let me illustrate with numbers.

Let us say I have a project worth $400.  So I get 320 Upwork gets 80.  Now during the project I need help worth $100 (client is OK with me hiring).  So now if I hire for 100 Upwork gets 20 from that freelancer, and now I charge $500 to client.  So does Upwork get 100 from me instead of 80 and 20 from the person I hired for a total of 120?

Or there is some pass through mechanism? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths