🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can I use a web portfolio instead of Upwo...
Page options
rbuen4455
Community Member

Can I use a web portfolio instead of Upwork?

I decided to post all my web projects on a web portfolio I just created because it's so complicated to post my projects on my Upwork portfolio and clients can't even see the websites I created. Can I just use my web portfolio so that all clients can see the websites I made? If so, how do I do that? Again, I'm new to this site, so it's going to take long to get use to this site.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ricky:

Sure, you can do that.

As long as your web portfolio doesn't contain any contact information for you.

But what are you going to do about clients such as myself, who only look at Upwork portfolios, and immediately disregard submissions from freelancers without a portfolio?

(If I saw you had no Upwork portfolio, I would consider you a freelancer without a portfolio.)

The reason why I want to use my web portfolio is so clients can see my websites easily. It is difficult to post my web projects on my Upwork portfolio. I can only link to the files to my websites and show a thumbnail of what my websites look like, but they won't be able to see the full content of my websites and the functionality that comes with them. Therefore, I made a web portfolio will all the projects I made with all the content in them.

I don't think you need your complete portfolio to be located on your Upwork profile page. But you should at least include some representative pieces there.

@Ricky B wrote:

It is difficult to post my web projects on my Upwork portfolio. I can only link to the files to my websites and show a thumbnail of what my websites look like, but they won't be able to see the full content of my websites and the functionality that comes with them.

What gave you that idea? When you add an item to your Upwork portfolio, there's a field labeled Project URL (Optional). Just put the link to the website there, as long as the website doesn't have your contact information. Then, when someone clicks the thumbnail, the popup will contain a link to the website they can click.

Learning Paths