🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I use someone's Visa card to buy connects...
Page options
waseemashraf53
Community Member

Can I use someone's Visa card to buy connects Only not for money withdrawal

Hi, My name is Waseem Ashraf. I want to buy Upwork connects from my relative's visa card. Is it possible to buy connects from someone else card? I will use my relatives' card for only buying connects not for withdrawal.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Waseem,

Yes, you can use another person's credit card to purchase connects so long as you are authorized to use it. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
JoanneP

Hi Waseem,

Yes, you can use another person's credit card to purchase connects so long as you are authorized to use it. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem, My bank account is still pending due to some maintenance issues, So I want to ask would it not go against any of the Upwork's policy and can create a potential threat to my account if I try to use Someone else debit card to purchase Connects?

Hi Ghazanfar,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can find more information in this help article. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Can we use different Bank accounts to buy connects and to withdraw amount form upwork

Hi Sohail,

Payment Methods and Billing Methods are set up separately on your account. 

You can see the Payment Methods available for withdrawing your funds here and the Billing Methods available for purchasing Connects here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5d2f9c80
Community Member

Hi,

My name is Nahid.I am trying to buy connects by using my brother's credit card and upwork is asking me for verification.Should i add my ID information or his information?

Thank you

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that you have already completed the verification of your information. 

Please know that while you may be allowed to use another person's billing method to purchase Connects, you must verify that the account owner has authorized you to use their card. If there's additional information needed on your end, our team will reach out to you directly via a support ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I just want to know that despite verification, billing method is not active
yet ,will it take few days to for activation or anything else I need to do?

Hi Nahid,

I checked your account and can confirm it's already active.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please tell me th bank name to purchase connnect through cradit card

Hi Abdul,

You can use Visa, Discover, Diners Club, Diners Club International, Mastercard, and American Express. To learn how to add a credit card as a billing method, click here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Joanne, 

Are you sure if we can still use someone else's credit card to buy connects only? 

Thanks

Hi Shahzaib,

Yes, as long as the owner of the billing method has authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have exactly the same question, whether can I use my friend's mastercard to take my plus membership ?

Hi Monisanto,

You can use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
arhamk3
Community Member

I tried using my brother's visa card and upwork suspended my account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arham,

I checked this for you and our team has reached out to you already regarding this concern. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths