🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I use the "Direct Contracts" feature with...
Page options
alimojidd
Community Member

Can I use the "Direct Contracts" feature without having to fill out a public profile?

I just signed up as a freelancer and noticed that I can use the "Direct Contracts" feature and also connect a withdrawal method without having to fill out public profile information which is what I intend to do.

I just need the escrow service for my clients outside upwork.

Will there be a problem using my account in this way without submitting an application and filling out profile information?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Ali,

Direct Contracts allow you to manage contracts in the Upwork platform with your clients who don’t have an Upwork account.Direct Contracts makes it easy to get paid by your clients who don’t have a full account on Upwork and just need access to review your invoices and make payments. With Direct Contracts you also get the protection of escrow and if a dispute arises we will be happy to help. You can learn more about this feature in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your reply, but this doesn't answer my question. I understand that the client doesn't need an upwork account with Direct Contracts. I am asking about myself as a freelancer who will send this Direct Contract. I just signed up yesterday on Upwork and I don't want to fill out a public profile or apply to be a freelancer on the Upwork marketplace. I only want to use the Direct Contracts service for my clients outside Upwork. Will there be a problem if I use my account in this way?

I hope I clarified my point. If it's not clear, please let me know.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths