🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can Upwork Figure Out A Way To Reduce These I...
Page options
amy_copywriter
Community Member

Can Upwork Figure Out A Way To Reduce These Increasing Scam Job Posts?

Good day,

Just last week and this week, I have received job offers that want me to chat with them on WhatsApp. The funniest parts are these:

1. These people have different account names and countries but they (4 of them) sent the same WhatsApp number.

2. Even with payment verification and money funded in Escrow, I think and feel it is scam.

3.  According to one of them that I had a chat with, he said that he has so many writers and he gets deep-pocket clients. 

4. My job is to upload a written job, get paid, and send the money to his payooner account after taking my 25% from it.

These increasing trends in using different accounts and names will hurt the integrity of Upwork. Please, kindly find a solution to this.

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Okeke,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback and concerns. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety.
Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about team's initiatives. Feel free to check an update in this post for more information about the team's efforts around addressing these issues.
~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths