🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can a client pay the bill in GBP and using th...
Page options
hemen-a
Community Member

Can a client pay the bill in GBP and using the Wire transfer method?

Hello Team,

I wanted to know the answer to the below 2 questions:

1. If the client is from Europe, can he do the wire transfer and pay to upwork,?
  2. Can a client pay the bill in GBP and if Yes, how? 

It would be great, if anyone can help me with it

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Hemen A wrote:

I wanted to know the answer to the below 2 questions:

1. If the client is from Europe, can he do the wire transfer and pay to upwork,?
  2. Can a client pay the bill in GBP and if Yes, how? 

It would be great, if anyone can help me with it

1. No

2. Only via credit card. (All amounts will be in US Dollars but clients in the UK can pay their Dollar invoices in GBP via credit card)

b9bfba96
Community Member

Thsi is incredibly dissapointing!

Upwork doesn't support international payment cards (such as Revolut) and so any UpWork CLients or Suppliers outside the US face paying exorbitent bank fees for their local bank to perofrm currently exhange for them.  In my case I have to facto in just under 5% charge for the hassle!

It's rediculous - call youyrself an international marketplace for contractors?  I don't think soi, this is seriously making me (and many other sI know) ditch upwork completely.

If I am speaking out of turn and you are award of how I and many other international uisers avoid these additional 5% fees (in addition to the upwork 3% fee) please let me know.

Otherwise, I will accept your dincerest appologies and that you will pass this onto the development team .... LOL

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths