🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can i state that i'm attending an university ...
Page options
stargrass
Community Member

Can i state that i'm attending an university even though i haven't quite started studying there yet?

I technicaly am admitted, it just that i havent started there. The field is required for some reason othervise i'd leave it emty.  Do i have to wait untill september or is it fine?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
allenwatson23
Community Member

Hey Vojta,

I would not put it down as you are attending, as technically, you are not yet. Many things can happen between now and September. Also, you don't want to run into any problems with Upwork about misleading information on your profile. It is best to play it safe and leave that off until you are actually there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
allenwatson23
Community Member

Hey Vojta,

I would not put it down as you are attending, as technically, you are not yet. Many things can happen between now and September. Also, you don't want to run into any problems with Upwork about misleading information on your profile. It is best to play it safe and leave that off until you are actually there.

Does this mean i can't use the service untill i am studying at least some kind of university (since the field is required)?

Hi Vojta,

You can leave the degree field blank and can include a brief summary of your coursework at any educational institution that you've completed. You can also feel free to add any clubs, groups or societies that were part of your experience and include any awards you received, your grade point average and/or class ranking.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths